Valley Business FRONT Publisher and Artistic Director Tom Field (right) will conduct the first in a series of three workshops on electronic photo editing for writers Tuesday, May 18 at the Arts Council of the Blue Ridge.
The workshops, which graduate from introduction to advanced techniques, will be held the Arts Council’s offices on the second floor of Center in the Square. Space is limited, so early registrations are important.
Those attending should have with them a computer, photo software they either use or have available and their digital camera.
Field has been a professional designer for more than 20 years and is behind the FRONT’s popular and imaginative cover images for each issue. He is a Salem native and a graduate of Roanoke College.
The three workshops will include:
- Taking good digital photos and the basics of editing, May 18, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Photoshop & Picasa, June 15 , 6-8 p.m.
- Photoshop, Advanced Methods, July 20, 6-8 p.m.
- No. 1, $15 non-members/ $5 members;
- No. 2, $20 non–members/$7 members;
- No. 3, $20 non–members/$7 members;
- Package for all 3 workshops $45 non-members/$19 members.
Get in touch with Rhonda Hale (540-224-1205 or e-mail email@example.com) at the arts council to reserve your spot.