The winners are:
- Visual Arts: Betty Branch
- Literary Arts: Roland Lazenby
- Performing Arts: Steven White
- Individual Arts Supporter: Ann Davey Masters (posthumously)
- Business Arts Supporter: George Cartledge Jr., George Cartledge III, Robert Bennett and Grand Home Furnishings
- Arts and Cultural Organization: John McEnhill, Jacksonville Center for the Arts
- Young Professional: Sarah Tune Doherty
- Arts Education: Lisa Martin, Reynolds Homestead, Virginia Tech
The Perry F. Kendig Awards, named after the late Dr. Kendig, a longtime supporter of the arts and past President of Roanoke College, have recognized businesses, cultural organizations and individual supporters of the arts for the past 25 years. With the milestone 25th Anniversary in 2010, The Arts Council of the Blue Ridge is returning the event to Roanoke College and encouraging audiences and recipients to wear silver attire.
Valley Business FRONT Editor Dan Smith and Publisher Tom Field each won literary awards last year (it was Smith's second Kendig) and Smith is on the board of directors.
A silent auction featuring “All Things Silver” will round out the evening. Natasha Ryan of WDBJ will serve as emcee.
Admission is $60 per person ($30 is tax deductible). For more information visit here or call Meagan Smith at 342-5790 ext. 4.